Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baby Quentin!

Ok so this is old news by now, but I figured I better finally make our baby boy's arrival "official" by posting about it on the Olsen blog. :)

Quentin Abbott Olsen was born on June 26th, 2011 at 8:36am! He was 7 lbs 11 oz and 20 inches long (although we think they might have miss-measured him at birth because he measured 21.5 inches at his 2 week doctor's appointment...1.5 inches in 2 weeks...maybe, but probably not). We are settling into a rhythm as a family of three now and are both absolutely "gaga" over our sweet little boy. So without boring you with more writing...time for some pictures!

Moments after birth

Proud papa!

Love!

Sweet boy

4 days old

5 weeks old

So much more alert!

Wearing a sweater my mom knit for me when I was a baby...
Clearly she changed the name for him :)

There's an almost identical picture of me wearing this sweater.
I need to scan it to post them side by side.

5 comments:

Kelsey Woodruff said...

You have such an adorable little boy, Julie! And he had a lot of hair at birth. :) I enjoy your updates. Glad you 3 seem to be doing well!

Julie said...

Thanks Kelsey! You have an adorable little boy too! It's fun to see what I have to look forward to in (almost) exactly a year...although I'm not in any hurry to get there. He's already changed so much!

Sharlene said...

Yay Quentin!! Julie, is that other knit sweater hand-made?

Tiffany said...

Julie and Trevor,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE his sophisticated hair style! :)...so very sweet. Jane was just gaga that she got to see Quentin and You and Trevor of course :)...lots of love to your new family of 3

Julie said...

Sharlene- Yep! The other sweater was also made by my mom for me when I was a baby. :)

Tiffany- Thanks! We love his hair :) ...I just know it's bound to fall out though. Both Trevor & I were born with lots of dark hair, then it all came out & grew back blond. Hope you're feeling well! We can't wait to meet Quentin's baby cousin soon!