Friday, June 19, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun!

The last several days have flown by. My last update was on Tuesday, and I'm already having some trouble recalling everything we did with Chris and Jessie since then. Luckily...I have pictures to help me out. Since I've gotten a little bit behind in posting updates, I'm mostly going to make this a picture post.

Mid-morning on Tuesday, we walked over to the Eiffel Tower with a picnic from a nearby boulangerie for lunch. We passed the Invalides on our way...


Here we are in the Champs de Mars, with the Eiffel Tower behind us.



Trevor, Chris & Jessie on the bench where we sat for lunch


Chris "bises" sandwich!



Chris and Trevor took a funny picture...they're quite amused...



I think this would be considered "dying laughing"


...still laughing



After lunch, we headed over to get a closer look at the Eiffel Tower. Here's one of Jessie and me along the Champs de Mars.


And a close-up.


Woooowww!



Hoards of people visiting La Tour Eiffel



From underneath the Eiffel Tower. Chris & Jessie showed me a manhole that marks the spot for the center. I was trying to take a shot like my friend Amber's, but hers is cooler.


Eiffel Tower leg, with people walking up the stairs. Can you believe they charge 4.50 euros and make you wait in line to walk up to the first level?? We decided to spend the gorgeous day doing something other than waiting in line.


We walked to the Trocadero Metro exit, where you can get a very clear view of the tour. The clouds were amazing that day!



From Trocadeo, we took the metro to Charles de Gaulle Etoile to see the Arc de Triomphe, and then walk down the Champs Elysee...Ooh Champs Elysee dun dun dun dun dun...I'm sure the song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the night now!


From the Champs Elysee, we walked down to the Place de la Concorde and turned left onto Rue Royale. This is a fancy street in Paris, where you can find Laduree- famous for macarons. We each bought a box of assorted flavors. Our taste buds were happy.


The next day was pretty mellow. Chris and Jessie went to see the Musee d'Orsay while Trevor and I stayed home and then went out to run some errands. Then we all went to have a drink at the famous, "Le Select" cafe along the Ave de Montparnasse. This is where Hemingway hung out. No big deal...


After that we walked through the Jardin de Luxembourg, one of Paris' biggest and most gorgeous parks. It has a large fountain where kids can rent little sail boats and push them around with sticks. This is where I said my first sentence when I was a wee one- "Veux pousser bateau avec baguette" ("Want to push boat with stick").


Mini-sail boats are quite entertaining...especially when they run into eachother...and when ducks draft off of them.


A French vessel.


Okay, that's it for tonight since it's getting late here. Tomorrow, I'll try to post some more pictures before we head to Barcelona. I've got to study up on my Catalan on the flight!!

5 comments:

Katrina Grube said...

I've been waiting for this post! My favorite is the pic of you guys at Le Select Cafe. Great pics! I'm ready to hop on a plane to Paris right now!! Ahhh!!

Julie said...

Hi Kat!! Glad you liked the pics. Meet you in Paris next Friday?? ...since you´re hopping on a plane, that is. Can´t wait to see you and show you the rest of the pics when we´´re back!

King of the Mazza Monkeys said...

Those pictures of Trevor and Chris are hilarious! So fun to see that you all are having a great time...

Julie said...

Hi Jamie! Aren't the guys funny? I was so happy to have my new camera that snaps multiple shots rapidly to get a nice succession of laughing. :)

Unknown said...

Bah I miss you guys so much! <3